Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 10 October 2013

Adelaide's junk yard homes

I am in two minds about the people who live in these junk yard properties. I just so happen to have one of these on my street. Their front yard is completely covered in junk, long grass and "skeleton structures" like a shed frame without any panels attached. The skeletons might look to someone driving through like they are still being built but they have been there for more than 5 years. I also used to have a friend of a friend who liked to collect junk to scrap. If I ever needed cables etc for anything I could get them from him for free. Very handy. One time I was there he showed me a plasma TV that appeared maybe 1-2 years old. For some reason the only way it would work if the back panel was removed and the circuit board inside pressed against the wall. It probably only needed minor repairs to work properly and be worth around $5-600 at a pawn shop. So for me going to this guys house was like being put into Macguyer mode trying to fix things. It was almost therapeutic trying to work out how to fix things whilst having a few beers with mates.

Demand for more power over junk yard homes













http://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/19195608/demand-for-morepower-over-junk-yard-homes/

No comments:

Post a Comment